This 2 day workshop is ideal for those members of staff who are wanting to delivery gymnastics confidently and safely within their primary school and is structured around how best to implement the newly updated MSSP Gymnastics Scheme of Work. By attending this comprehensive 2 day course, you will also receive an officially recognised British Gymnastics qualification to teach gymnastics within a primary school environment.
Gymnastics is a great way for schools to get involved with sports, either as part of the existing National Curriculum or through after school clubs. You will learn how to support participants in fun floor skills, and acrobatics and rhythmic elements.
You will focus on setting up a school club, body management and the importance of safety.
- Body management
- Basic floor skills part 1
- Basic floor skills part 2
- Flight (including rebound)
- Acrobatic or partner work/rhythmic/aerobic
- Practical modules will include general principles of support.
- The sessions will be active, please wear clothing and footwear suitable for gentle physical activity. Please inform us if you are unable to participate or have any specific requirements which would support you throughout the day.
- Please bring a water bottle and your own food for the day.
Photographs maybe be taken at this event by staff members from MSSP and may be used for promotional material and on our social media feeds/website. If you do not want to be photographed, please inform a member of staff before the start of the event.
For information and updates from our events, please follow and use the platforms below.
MSSP will have a basic first aid kit and qualified person at all events.
Comments, Compliments and Complaints
MSSP aims to deliver a first class service to all of its stakeholders. We see all feedback, whether good or bad, as a valuable way for us to learn and improve. Therefore, we welcome all comments, compliments and complaints. For further details, please click here
By registering onto a Merton PE Workshop or training event using our online course booking page, you have confirmed that those registered will attend the training. If delegates do not attend, you may still be charged full price for the course if the place cannot be filled. In some circumstances we may refund bookings in the form of course credit; however this is at the discretion of Merton PE.