Workshop postponed due to insufficient number of delegates. Workshop will be rescheduled for later in the academic year. New date TBC
This workshop has been carefully designed by Mental Health and Well Being experts, Stormbreak to highlight to delegates how they can recognise and better understand mental health and well being warning signs within a class environment, as well as providing staff with a bank of different physical activities and games they can use in school and class time to boost positive mental wellbeing during the school day.
This Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity workshop will assist teaching staff too:
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and the impact of stigma and discrimination
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health
- Appreciate the barriers that stop people getting active
- Recommendation and guidance of engaging resources that help to boost physical activity levels in school children, as well as supporting mental well being
- Talk confidently about mental health
- Know where to signpost people to if they need support
- Identify practical actions to make your service more accessible for everyone
- The sessions will be active, please wear clothing and footwear suitable for gentle physical activity. Please inform us if you are unable to participate or have any specific requirements which would support you throughout the day.
- Please bring a water bottle.
- The activities and conference will mostly be held in the tennis dome (inside) area.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club Community Sports Ground
The Community Sports Ground is located at 216 Grand Drive, Raynes Park, London, SW20 9NB
When approaching the facility, please drive slowly as the entrance is slightly obscured between residential houses; keep an eye out for the AELTC gates.
The Community Sports Ground is approximately a 15 minute walk from Raynes Park station. The 163 bus route runs between Morden Underground station (Northern Line) and Wimbledon Station (Overground, District Line, Thameslink & Tram) via Raynes Park Station (Overground).
Car parking is available. There is also a bicycle rack for those who wish to come on two wheels; please remember to bring your own lock.
£150 (per delegate)
£100 (per additional delegate from the same school)
Photographs maybe be taken at this event by staff members from MSSP and may be used for promotional material and on our social media feeds/website. If you do not want to be photographed, please inform a member of staff before the start of the event.
For information and updates from our events, please follow and use the platforms below.
MSSP will have a basic first aid kit and qualified person at all events.
Comments, Compliments and Complaints
MSSP aims to deliver a first class service to all of its stakeholders. We see all feedback, whether good or bad, as a valuable way for us to learn and improve. Therefore, we welcome all comments, compliments and complaints. For further details, please click here.