Our Duty of Care
MSSP have a duty to take all measures that are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the health, safety, wellbeing and welfare of all participants and any other attendees involved in the relevant event. MSSP have tried to ensure that all reasonable steps have been taken in its duty of care being discharged, and to the requisite standard of care, MSSP have ensured the following guidance and actions have been adhered to and carried out:
- That the advice of the UK Government and public health authorities has been followed
- That the bespoke guidance and protocols issued by the relevant NGB, federation and/or umbrella organisation (if applicable) have been followed
- That a full and proper COVID-19 specific risk assessment has been carried out.
Please ensure you read our COVID-19 specific risk assessment before entering this event. This can be found here.
MSSP are putting additional measures in place regarding COVID-19 however it is impossible to fully remove all risk. By entering this event you have carefully considered your options and made sure you are completely comfortable with the risks associated with COVID-19 and undertaken your own organisations risk assessment for participating in this event. It is in the interests of all event competitors to fully understand the measures that have been put in place to make everyone who takes part as safe as possible and it is entirely your decision to take part. Please ensure you are fully conversant with the rules of the event and pay particular attention to the following;
- All participants and attendees (including players, officials, organisers and volunteers) are aware of COVID-19 symptoms and the need to self-assess before attending every sporting activity.
- Any participant or other attendee reporting symptoms does not attend and is directed to follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation.
- Participants or any other attendee are aware of any increased risk associated with taking part in sporting activity, based on the national governing body’s guidance and risk assessment, and have appropriate consent to take part in the activity.
- Participants or any other attendee are strongly advised to comply with public health restrictions and avoid high-risk behaviour outside the sports setting to reduce the risk to their fellow participants when they do attend.
- Participants and any other attendee continue to adhere to legal gathering limits before and after sporting activities, act responsibly and limit transmission risk wherever possible.
- Participants are aware that they are choosing to take part in the modified version of the game, including any relevant COVID-19 measures, and should comply with these measures as a condition of participation.
- Spectators will not be permitted entry to facilities and should be informed of this when letters are sent to parents.
Schools Invited to Take Part
To ensure our duty of care to all involved, we have reduced the amount of travel for schools by increasing the range of locations and reducing the number of teams for each event. As such we have targetted certain schools for each location based on their proximity and these will be given prioity to book their teams. If your school is listed below then you will have prioity to book one team (or two teams if you are 2 or 3 form). If your school is not listed below but you would like to enter this event please do not book via the website but do email M.Wood@harrismorden.org.uk and we will offer you a place should a space be available. Booking online will not guarantee your place unless you are listed as a school below.
St Peter and St Paul
Team Requirements & Eligibility
Age: Year 6
Each school must bring a squad of 12 athletes (6 Boys and 6 Girls)
Each athlete will participate in 1 Track event + 1 Field event + 1 Relay race (please decide which events the children are doing prior to the day)
Participation certificates will be presented to all participants. There will be individual boy and girl winners for each of the disciplines who will be presented with medals.
Separate races for:
Boys A; Boys B; Girls A; Girls B
Separate Boys and Girls races (all 6 boys run in their team, all 6 girls run in their team)
Field Events: (Enter 2 athletes per field event: 1 boy and 1 girl)
Standing Triple Jump
Long Jump (Enter 2 boys and 2 girls for this event)
Kit & Equipment
Schools will be provided with specific equipment only they will be permitted to use.
There will be individual boy and girl winners for each of the disciplines who will be presented with medals. The festival is a non-scoring format where no overall school results or placings are recorded. The event report will be available on the news webpage within 24 hours of the event ending.
Photographs will be taken at this event by staff members from MSSP and may be used for promotional material. If you have any children that do not have permission to be photographed, please inform a member of staff before the start of the event.
For information and updates from our events please follow and use the platforms below.
MSSP will have a basic first aid kit and qualified person at all events but staff will not be allowed to administer first aid during the event due to Covid restrictions unless a preservation of life situation demands intervention. It is important that schools provide their own first aid kit and qualified person to tend to their children at our events. As part of the school’s risk assessment a qualified first aider should also be with the travelling group to and from any events.
Safeguarding and DBS
All MSSP staff at the event are fully vetted and enhanced DBS checked. It is the schools’ responsibility to ensure any staff and volunteers who attend the event comply with the host venue safeguarding and welfare policy and can provide documentation to support this on request.
Spectators will not be permitted entry to facilities and should be informed of this when letters are sent to parents. In order to safeguard children at our events, we will only allow entry to parents if they have been DBS checked and authorised to attend by your school who will maintain responsibility for them at all times.
MSSP values the contributions by all those involved in making our events a safe, enjoyable environment for children to take part in sport. To ensure our events continue to be successful we promote our REF-SPECT campaign. We expect everyone attending our events to maintain respect for the rules, officials, opponents, teammates and themselves. Only designated staff and volunteers will be allowed on the side-lines. All spectators are to remain behind the barriers, providing positive support and encouraging a fun and fair event.
For more information about REF-SPECT please click here.